Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Holiday Party Putting Giving First

A trend that I have noticed over the past few years is the idea of giving to others during our group Christmas party.

Last year my friends Terry & Eileen had a Holiday party where we did a re-gifting exchange and everyone was encouraged to put money into a basket and submit a charity name.

At the end of the night, they pulled out a charity and the money was given to it. I thought this was a great idea.

I am lucky enough to be able to give, rather than having to ask to receive and for that I am fortunate. So this year consider adding charity to your holiday.

Know you don't have to donate money. Maybe clothes that no longer fit or canned food for a food bank choose something that does not place stress on your guests.

Tough times call for changes in all of us and hopefully in this season a change for the better.

Happy Holidays
Sarah - The Party Game Ideas Lady

No comments: